Thank you so much to Spence’s Girl for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award! I am so very honored. I have an Awards page where I usually post my awards, but with a little spare time on my paws, I thought I’d give this award its own post.
My brother, Sherman, tried to claim half of my Versatile Blogger Award for himself, but I told him that when he gets his own blog, he can have his own awards! Plus, I remember what Baby Girl told me about not letting boys boss you around!! I’m my own boss!
In order to accept this award, I must give seven facts about myself. Seven?! I asked my neighbor Baby Girl for input – she’s so smart – and she told me that if I meditated daily like her guru Gwyneth Paltrow, I would be in touch with my inner self which would make this task much, much simpler. She said Ms. Paltrow could rattle off 700 facts about herself with great ease.
So, slipping away to my favorite not-so-secret hiding spot, I sought an inner quiet to contemplate. Which was quickly interrupted by Steve asking where his studded collar and leather hat had gone to – he needed them for a secret meeting he had scheduled.
Luckily I had my seven facts figured out.
- I’m a cat. Apparently lots of humans that first visit my blog miss this point, so I thought it was important to start with.
- I like routine. [See #1] Every night when it’s time for The General and Walter to go in their crates upstairs, I race ahead and sit on the top step. There, I wait for my moms [who both put the boys to bed every night] to scratch my head on their way past. Then, after the boys are crated, LOUD Mom sits on the top step and Little Mom crouches down, and both pet my tummy as I stretch out across the length of the stair. Repeat in reverse in the morning [minus one mom].
- I’m a very good observer. But you probably knew that already. If you visited my house, you would see me peering around corners, wide eyed, taking it all in. I don’t miss a thing! Some might call me a gossip or busybody, but let them. I’m performing a critical service, and I take my responsibility very seriously.
- My best friend, Baby Girl, is a Certified Life Coach. If at all possible, I highly recommend finding a best friend who is also a Life Coach. Not only does Baby Girl motivate me to be my best self, but she always knows what’s wrong with my life and how to fix it.
- I love to snuggle with my brother, Steve. Okay, yes, Steve drives me crazy sometimes, but I wouldn’t know what to do without him. [Isn’t that often true of siblings?!] Steve obsesses about his abs, thinks far too highly of himself, talks about himself in third “person,” and often has questionable judgment, but no one in this house cuddles with me the way he does.
- Sometimes I’m jealous of long-haired cats. It’s true. On television when they want to portray a cat that’s beautiful and rich, it always has silky, shiny long hair. I know there are downsides to long fur [like having to visit groomers and getting your rear end shaved – yikes!], but if I could just have it for a day….
- I’m learning a new language! After exploring so many blogs, I realized that only speaking English severely limits my reach. So, using LOUD Mom’s credit card [thank goodness she hasn’t noticed yet!], I signed up for online classes to learn Catonese – or is it Cantonese? I can’t remember. Hopefully, very soon I’ll be able to share my observations with cats in China – I hear there are well over a billion!
Before I make my nominations, I want to say that there are so many blogs I enjoy that I couldn’t possibly include them all. Below are my nominees [in alphabetical order]. No pressure to accept this award – just know I enjoy your blogs very much!
Thank you, again, for this award! Happy blogging, everyone! 🙂